Thursday, September 22, 2011

fresh pair of eyes.


Birthday

Putting you on notice
That I notice you
Though, I never really wanted to
But you’ve always been there
I guess
and I guess
I just never noticed
I’ve caught your stare
A few times, I think
Think I even made you
Smile
I know I did
But I'm pretty sure
I made you think
Maybe not as much as me
Or maybe you just won’t admit it
And that's ok
But I know
Even for a blink in time
I had you shook
and you saw me shine
Bringing out a playful side
That’s been hiding and
Patiently waiting
For a reason 
or a season
just a small moment in time
where my girly side was feeling safe
and nothing could replace
This feeling
Feeling free
For the first time
in a long time
the funny thing is
It wasn’t even about you
more about me
But I’m glad it was you
Who for a second
saw me
Who I am
You sought me
And I couldn’t fight it
You tried to look
And I couldn’t hide it
Not sure what that day meant
But I know
I noticed you
And for a split sec
I think
you noticed me
too.

Above is a poem I just found that I wrote over 4 years ago, about a special person and a special birthday that left me feeling like the happiest and luckiest birthday girl in the city of angels. So much has changed since then, but I will always have this moment. Cheers to my best friend, for finding the quote that states that in our lives its moments that are remembered. This one holds a special place in my heart. <3

jesuis aime'

(Image: Sergio Rossi ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment