Monday, September 26, 2011

plus one.



I want....

Butterflies in my tummy, mind hijacked by thoughts of him, and possibilities of where this could lead fluttering by my heart. Recognizing all the qualities of my ideal man and realizing that sometimes the imperfections are a work in progress toward mutual compromise. Not perfect but perfect for me. Funny and charming. Manly and sensitive. Understanding, patient, and above all kind. Suitable for my porch tea sipping, old folks age partner in life, dreaming. Last puzzle piece in the extended quilt of my family. Loves my mother, can watch soccer with my father, and sports talk with my brother. Loving to my nephews, nieces, Godkids, and lovingly tolerant of my extended, quirky, sometimes over the top family. The type to hold your hand firm and take you in his arms at the right moment without being asked. Kisses can leave you dazed yet serene, sublime and always in need of more. Supportive, encouraging, and proud of my accomplishments and even help me sidestep my mistakes. Arouse my creativity and embrace my lunacy and always knowing who I am is who I am. Loves me anyway. Can cook, clean, and take care of himself and me when life is too much for me. But just as happy with my "not as planned" mishaps in the kitchen, cleans like a 5th grader, control freak alter ego. (this happens only sometimes, of course) Someone that can look me in the eye, and say I love you, and leave my heart feeling safe. With just enough backbone to stand his ground but always more the willing to spoil this doll. Quiet nights reading, and going mindless with television. But quick to wine and dine, and always find new ways to love me type shit. Lets me love him in my own subtle and quiet ways. Understanding that my actions most times speak louder then my words. That "me time" is not get away from you time but rather a time to recharge and be grateful for the abundance in my life. Where flowers are more for just because then I'm sorry. Where we can be ourselves, and it doesn't feel like settling but having found the perfect mate. Where being bored together is better then being alone. Where love reigns supreme but feet are grounded, practical and creating a safety net for passion and whimsy. Where taking risks remain worth it and the past never creeps into the present or future because it's finally found its place. Where we always have a plus one, and till death do us part means the world to both. He is not here now, but I know he will be one day, and this time, when we find each other, we will be both ready and accepting of love, peace, and our version of happiness. my plus one.

jesuis aime'

(image: tinywhitedaisies.tublr.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment