Tuesday, January 31, 2012

a new day, a better me, an electrifying experience.

fingertips...

its like an electric charge ripping
through my body.
every inch, crevice, flesh and skin.
all tingling with an intensity i have
never experienced.
shattered walls and thoughts crumbling
of everything i thought i knew.
heart pounding like drums of a million
drummers lined on concrete drowning out
the white noise of this world.
rhythm and human nature like
joined hips singing melodies of love
and lust.
the need for touch and intimacy
on divine planes.
and as the pleasure subsides
a serene bliss breaks over my face like
daylight breaking dawn.
complete silence and self reflection.
pushing worries and doubt at bay.
listening to heart, soul and flesh.
blending voices like cathedral choirs.
this song and dance not meant to be choreographed
by ideologies and social graces
but rather a following of the wind and
whispers of instinct and nature.
still tingling and caught between sleep and raw awareness
a smile breaks across my face
pushing worry to the pit of my stomach,
i listen to the sound of breath and grazing of my skin
soft and enticing
still, and gentle, completely inviting.
with closed eyes and open fists
i slip outside of all i have ever known of myself
and grasp a new reality
senses now awakened and thoughts racing
taking silent and deep breaths
trusting that needs and wants have formed a truce
i accept self love in the form of flesh
and feel electricity make quiver a sleeping and gentle
giant
that has remained alone for fear of this moment
"it's ok"  i whisper to myself
gripping hands and letting go
i found freedom in understanding a part of myself
and my nature that has laid dormant in tense skin
walls down and feelings flooding forward
i laugh silently at myself
finding joy in defeated fear
 and welcomed embarrassment
i lay still listening to drummers in my heart
sighs grazing flesh
and freedom in my palms

first poem of the year written on 01.30.2012. great memory

(image: http://contrary-garden.blogspot.com/2010/11/tattoo-files-fight-or-flight.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment